This blog does not, nor will it ever represent the views of the United States or Chinese government or the Peace Corps.. Because that's how I do what I do.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Front row at Biden's speech..Thank you PC China!!

Just a quick update, for all of you watching the news Vice President Biden has been going through China, and today gave a speech at Sichuan university.... What you may not read is his shout out to the 80+ PC trainees (who become volunteers on Monday). His words were, and I quote "Where are the PC volunteers? Raise your hands, I love you guys". I was lucky enough to snag a front-row seat, shared it with his daughter-in law and his granddaughter.  All in all, it was a good speech, and I am really grateful that the PC staff were able to get us tickets.

Capped the morning off with lunch at the Tex-Mex place with other SU peeps. One summed up the feeling of the late lunch with all of us dressed in our best business casual: "It feels like I just got out of church".

That's all for today, I am in major need of a nap and some serious study time.
Tomorrow is the official swearing in ceremony- we're doing it early so we can have Ambassador Locke do it. So I will post photos as soon as I can!
Love, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment