This blog does not, nor will it ever represent the views of the United States or Chinese government or the Peace Corps.. Because that's how I do what I do.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm as ready as I'll ever be!

So I'm down to less than 8 hours to go. Tomorrow I wake up at 5 am to leave for "the toughest job I'll ever love". I've packed my entire life up yet again, but luckily enough the majority of items just had to make it to the end of the hallway so my Dad could put them up in the attic. You really have to love free storage.

These three bags hold my entire belongings for the next two years... plus a box or two that will be sent to me once I'm at site.
I'm in almost a state of denial; that there's been some bureaucratic mistake (and those never happen) and I'm not moving. But I have to remind myself that the next two years are going to be intense but hopefully they will be some of the greatest years of my life. 

So, on that note, I am off to bed, otherwise I am going to be a zombie in Chicago. And who wants to work with a zombie? I'm not too sure about the internet connection during training, but I'll try to update this as often as possible! 

Love, 
Megan

2 comments:

  1. The attic??? I thought those boxes were for the Purple Heart folks?!? Awww, just kidding... you did a terrific job of organizing yourself for this posting. I hope you find good use from every one of the 79.5 pounds of stuff you carried with you to the airport and for what is still to come. Stay safe and keep the faith! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww! so exciting megan! found this on ur fb and decided i'd stalk you...so yes, you'll be getting my comments every once in a while :D
    good luck with everything!! xxx
    ps. yes, you are a packing god - how on earth did u manage to put all that stuff in those bags?!?!

    ReplyDelete